Using Pronto in Blackboard
Pronto is the frictionless communication platform that enables teachers to connect, students to engage and education to stay on-track. Pronto has been enabled across our institution and you can access this tool in Blackboard. It is also available as an app for your mobile device that has notifications similar to text messages. This app is powerful! You can control how you receive these notifications. The app can be helpful in your studies. You can receive reminders as well as message your instructors or students.
**Pronto does not require your phone number and your email address in Blackboard will serve as your login. No other user will see your email or phone number.
1. Click the Pronto link within your course tools.
2. This will open Pronto directly in the Blackboard window or bring up a link to open Pronto in another window outside of your Blackboard course, pending the integration for your school.
3. In the left hand section you will see a list of your Courses, Sections, Groups and Direct Messages, preceded by a Recents section which will keep your most active communications at the top of the list.1 The primary window will display your active conversation and at the bottom of the primary window,2 you can send a message by typing in the Type a message box.3 To send the message, press enter.
4. In the lower right, there are additional options.
Live Video - You can share your screen or do live video. There is an option to record these for later viewing
File Attachments - You can share files from your device or cloud services like DropBox
Emoji - Add emotion to your text or respond to a previous message with an emoticon
Gif - Search and choose a GIF to express sentiment to the conversation
5. Pronto provides “Read Receipts” which enable you to know which members of your group have seen your message. You no longer have to wonder whether or not your instructors or students are caught up in the conversation. By clicking on the images, you see a full list of who has arrived at at least that point of the chat stream.
6. Pronto also allows for setting language preferences and will instantly translate messages into over 100 distinct languages. To adjust your language preferences, click on the small cog icon in the upper right corner1 next to your name and use the language and translation option.2
Pronto can instantly translate a message into your preferred language instantly or upon clicking the small globe icon next to the message in the chat. Translated messages will have a globe next to them and will be highlighted in light blue. You can see the original language of the message by clicking the globe icon a second time.
7. Additionally, Pronto provides options for users to start direct messages, assign tasks or even create study groups. These options can be accessed by clicking on the teal Action Button in the lower left hand corner of the site.
Loading the Pronto App on Your Phone
The Pronto App is available in Google Play or the App Store.
Here’s what you need to know:
Either the instructor, or authorized member of the course will need to initiate the Pronto group from within Blackboard BEFORE loading the app.
You must use the email address that you use in Blackboard when you sign into Pronto. (No one will see this but you.)
This app uses mobile data unless you are connected to a wifi network